Since July, when this blog launched, I have been impressed every week by the quality and diversity of food New Haven restaurants have to offer. Even more remarkable is the generosity, warmth and good humor of every owner and chef I’ve profiled. It is they who’ve made this blog possible, and I’m grateful to each of them.
Today is the first of a two-part, pictorial round-up of the food and restaurants I profiled over the last six months. You’ll have to wait until the day after New Year’s for the second installment. Keeping in mind I’m a photographer, not a reviewer, I’ve used one favorite photo from each restaurant and a link to their website to refresh the eater’s memory.
• Bistro Mediterranean and Tapas Bar: http://bistromediterraneanandtapasbar.com/
• Red Lentil: Closed in New Haven, open Watertown, MA http://theredlentil.com/home-2
• Atticus Bookstore/Cafe: http://atticusbookstorecafe.com/
• Cave à Vin: http://www.caveavinwinebar.com/
• Zafra Cuban Restaurant and Rum Bar: http://zafrarumbar.com/
• Basta Trattoria: http://www.bastatrattoria.com/
• Skappo Italian Wine Bar: http://www.skappo.com/
• Swagat: http://www.swagatct.com/
• New Haven Meatball House: http://nhmeatballhouse.com/
• Lalibela: http://www.lalibelarestaurantct.com/